◡̈ last week I put in order my desktop, it was starting to get disorganized and I’m a person who feels lost in the mess.
I use my laptop for everything, so I need it to be organized so as not to waste time and have the information always accessible. So I’ll give you some tips that work great to keep me organized.
Get organized with folders.
- Personal stuffs
Keep your photos separate for years and months if you want something specific, random images/files, books, decorating tips…
- Academic life
Have annual folders/subject. Archive your search materials, websites, course notes, delivered homeworks…
- For work
Create annual or customer folders. In my case, as I work with texts, I have separate folders year/client and also for research material, specific dictionaries and idiomatic expression.
Monthly and annual expenses of where you live and don’t forget to keep receipts and B/S.
- Personal data
One folder for each family member.
I organize everything since the birth of my son where I have all the paid tuition, extra courses and important documents such as birth certificate, prescriptions and others.
It is very important to keep the digital life organized, at first it seems difficult, but after everything is ready you will see the ease of finding documents. Another very important tip is to keep a backup of everything! I’ve already lost a year of work and personal stuff for not backing up, it was horrible.
Take care of your computer and avoid headache in the future:
- Have backup on your own computer, external HD, and cloud.
- Avoid installing unnecessary programs.
- Keep your computer always secure.
- Avoid duplicate files and images.
- Always clean the trash
These are the tips I use to keep my computer in order. Over the years and digital evolution, many things I have been resuming myself, for example:
- Movies: since Megaupload was gone, I have completely lost interest in downloading movies and to brighten my life came the services of streaming!
- Games: I currently use Roblox a lot and some on mobile.
- Music: there are apps that you can listen to music right on your phone, choose by type, or even create a playlist on YouTube and listen
- Photos: I use Instagram and annually I back up the photos I have there and keep it on the external HARD drive and in the cloud.
These out my minimalist solutions for my digital environment, if you need to, talk to me! I can help you 🙂